Functions of teeth :
1. Cutting and chewing the food. They help in crushing, tearing and breaking the food into smaller particles.
2. Food mastication.
3. They also help in proper uttering of words ans speech.
Functions of tongue :
1. Detecting different types of taste with the help of the taste buds.
2. Tongue assists in the speech.
3. The tongue moves the food around the mouth and towards premolars and molars for chewing.
4. The tongue helps in cleaning of teeth.
5. The tongue helps in swallowing of food.
6. Tongue helps in the mastication of food.