1. The cell walls of plant cells remain moist due to diffusion of water molecules from one cell to the other.
2. The ions in the cells get uniformly distributed due to diffusion.
3. Transpiration is also due to diffusion of water vapour from intercellular space of spongy parenchyma into the atmosphere through stomata or cuticle.
4. The exchange of gases occurs through stomata due to diffusion.
5. The aroma or fragrance of flowers spreads due to the diffusion and insects are attracted for pollination.